Residents & Fellows
All UMKC School of Medicine residency and fellowship programs follow Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) standards. The listed Policies and Procedures provide a convenient reference for important information related to our graduate medical education programs.
Policies & Procedures
- GME Administrative
- Appointment of Residency Program Directors & Associate Program Directors
- Disciplinary Action
- Duty Hours
- Impaired Physician
- Internal Review
- Medical Industry Interactions
- Moonlighting Policy / Moonlighting Request Form
- New program application/Increase in size of current program
- Program size reduction/Program closure
- Promotion and Dismissal
- Resident/Fellow Learning & Working Environment Policy
- Resident Records Management
- Rotations at Non-Affiliated Sites
- Transitions in Care
- Workplace Attire
- GME Human Resources
- Change of Address Request
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Criminal Background Check
- CBC FAQs
- Recruitment and Appointment
- Sexual Harassment
- Worker’s Compensation
- UMKC Report of Injury form
- Financial Forms & Policies
- Research Presentation fund form (optional)
- Travel Approval Form (optional)
- GME Financial Funding Policy (Revised 9/1/18)
Where careers take shape
Residencies and Subspecialty Fellowships
Excellence in Patient Care … Superior Medical Knowledge … Understand and Use Practice-Based Learning and Improvement … Superior Interpersonal and Communication Skills … Professionalism at all times … Understand and Use System-Based Practice.
- Allergy / Immunology
- Pediatric Allergy / Immunology
Athletes and volunteers: Take part in the 2018 Hospital Hill Run presented by UMKC Health Sciences District!
Multiple race options – 5K, 7.7 mile and half marathon – offered at discounted rates Fourth-year medical student Jordann Dhuse, winner of the women’s 5K event at the 2017…
An early morning rain shower couldn’t dampen the Match Day excitement throughout the UMKC School of Medicine on Friday, March 16. Students gathered with family and friends to fill all…
Research indicating that stress from racism contributes to low birth weights and premature births was presented Feb. 22 at Children’s Mercy Hospital by Dr. James W. Collins Jr. Collins,…
Sarah LaGrece has been selected as the new manager of the School of Medicine’s Medical Education Media Center. She will also serve as a senior operations technician at the Clinical…
Interested in becoming a Physician Assistant or learning about UMKC’s Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant program? Register today for this FREE event to meet admissions teams, current PA students and faculty from our program, and others, in a live, online format. The UMKC School of Medicine will be participating in CareerEco’s Physician Assistant Virtual Fair in both spring and summer of 2018.
Welcome to the Fall Semester at UMKC Health Sciences District!
All UMKC Health Sciences District students are invited to lunch on the grass between the Health Sciences Building and the School of Medicine.
Come learn about volunteer opportunities with local organizations and pick up information from local businesses that promote health and wellness.