Residents & Fellows
All UMKC School of Medicine residency and fellowship programs follow Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) standards. The listed Policies and Procedures provide a convenient reference for important information related to our graduate medical education programs.
Policies & Procedures
- GME Administrative
- Appointment of Residency Program Directors & Associate Program Directors
- Disciplinary Action
- Duty Hours
- Impaired Physician
- Internal Review
- Medical Industry Interactions
- Moonlighting Policy / Moonlighting Request Form
- New program application/Increase in size of current program
- Program size reduction/Program closure
- Promotion and Dismissal
- Resident/Fellow Learning & Working Environment Policy
- Resident Records Management
- Rotations at Non-Affiliated Sites
- Transitions in Care
- Workplace Attire
- GME Human Resources
- Change of Address Request
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Criminal Background Check
- CBC FAQs
- Recruitment and Appointment
- Sexual Harassment
- Worker’s Compensation
- UMKC Report of Injury form
- Financial Forms & Policies
- Research Presentation fund form (optional)
- Travel Approval Form (optional)
- GME Financial Funding Policy (Revised 9/1/18)
Where careers take shape
Residencies and Subspecialty Fellowships
Excellence in Patient Care … Superior Medical Knowledge … Understand and Use Practice-Based Learning and Improvement … Superior Interpersonal and Communication Skills … Professionalism at all times … Understand and Use System-Based Practice.
- Allergy / Immunology
- Pediatric Allergy / Immunology
Athletes and volunteers: Take part in the 2018 Hospital Hill Run presented by UMKC Health Sciences District!
Multiple race options – 5K, 7.7 mile and half marathon – offered at discounted rates Fourth-year medical student Jordann Dhuse, winner of the women’s 5K event at the 2017…
An early morning rain shower couldn’t dampen the Match Day excitement throughout the UMKC School of Medicine on Friday, March 16. Students gathered with family and friends to fill all…
Research indicating that stress from racism contributes to low birth weights and premature births was presented Feb. 22 at Children’s Mercy Hospital by Dr. James W. Collins Jr. Collins,…
Sarah LaGrece has been selected as the new manager of the School of Medicine’s Medical Education Media Center. She will also serve as a senior operations technician at the Clinical…
Glucocorticoid steroids, lung development and preterm birth
Timothy J. Cole, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Monash Biomedicine Discover Institute
Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Accommodation, Regoaling, and Satisficing: Life Lessons from the Neonatal ICU
Brian S. Carter, M.D.
Sirridge Professor of Medical Humanities & Bioethics, and Professor of Pediatrics
UMKC School of Medicine & Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center
2019 Alumni Reunion
Save the Dates!
Friday, April 5 – Sunday, April 7
– – – More details to follow – – –
The UMKC School of Medicine will be participates in CareerEco’s Physician Assistant Virtual Fairs in the Spring and Summer. Dates will be posted as soon as registration opens.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to connect real-time with 30+ PA schools without the hassle of leaving your home or office
- You will meet School Representatives online via chat rooms during the event
- Schools’ chat hours will be posted in advance (a camera is not required for the chat feature)
- Click HERE to register today!