One of the highest priorities in the School of Medicine’s strategic plan is to improve the research infrastructure to support the needs of existing faculty, to aggressively recruit new NIH-funded investigators, and to expand research training opportunities for medical students and residents.
The School's Office of Research provides the base for these efforts by:
- Identifying research opportunities for medical students.
- Identifying research mentors for both students and faculty.
- Publicizing opportunities for research funding.
- Hosting a research ListServ for information dissemination and faculty discussion.
- Contract and budget development for industry funded clinical trials.
- Ensuring department and administrative approval at TMC for non-funded faculty, resident and student research.