One of the highest priorities in the School of Medicine’s strategic plan is to improve the research infrastructure to support the needs of existing faculty, to aggressively recruit new NIH-funded investigators, and to expand research training opportunities for medical students and residents.
The School’s Office of Research provides the base for these efforts by:
- Preparing signature information in PeopleSoft for School of Medicine grant submissions.
- Processing and reviewing biannual University grant effort verification reporting.
- Hosting a research Listserv for information dissemination and faculty discussion.
- Contract and budget development for industry funded clinical trials at TMC.
- Coordinating the participation of School of Medicine students in the annual UMKC Health Sciences Student Research Summit.
- Ensuring department and administrative approval at TMC for non-funded faculty, resident and student research.