Transfer Admission with Advance Standing
The UMKC School of Medicine offers the opportunity for students wishing to complete the clinical components of their medical education to apply for transfer admission with advanced standing. Students interested in this program would be considered for transfer admission into the fifth year of our six-year program. Students accepted for transfer admission with advanced standing must complete two years of medical education at the UMKC School of Medicine.
To be considered for transfer admission with advanced standing, students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited allopathic medical school located in the United States.
- Applicants must be in good standing at the time of application. Students dismissed from medical school are not eligible for consideration.
- Applicants must have completed required pre-medical coursework at an accredited college or university in the United States and the following pre-clinical coursework:
- Applicants must take USMLE Step 1 and must pass Step 1 on the first attempt.
- All applications, letters of recommendation, transcripts and USMLE Step 1 score, if available, must be submitted to the Council on Selection between January 1 and April 1.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. International students are not accepted to the School of Medicine.