Students at the UMKC School of Medicine find crucial support and leadership opportunities through working with the Student National Medical Association. More >>
There’s more to medical school than class lectures and clinical rotations. At the School of Medicine, our students can be part of a vast array of extracurricular activities, interest groups, organizations and community service projects. Check here and find the one that's right for you!
A new scholarship at the UMKC School of Medicine recognizes students who go the extra mile to help others through their volunteer efforts. More >>
Throughout her career as a physician and academic leader, Marjorie Sirridge, M.D., became a trailblazer, setting a standard of success for women that is seen today at the UMKC School…
Taylor Carter, Amaka Ofodu and Eryn Wanyonyi all expected medical school to be tough, and they knew they wouldn’t have lots of classmates who also were African American. So they…
Professional health care is increasingly a team activity. The University of Missouri-Kansas City health sciences schools are making learning a team activity as well. Each year, students from the schools…
A full schedule is nothing new for Mary Anne Jackson, M.D. ’78. Between seeing pediatric patients at Children’s Mercy, teaching at the UMKC School of Medicine and serving on national…
Medical school can present unique personal challenges. A new student assistance program is available to all UMKC School of Medicine students to help work through such issues. Through a partnership…
School of Medicine Interim Dean Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., has appointed Mark Nichols, Ph.D., interim chair of the Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics effective August 1, 2018. In this…
Order of Events:
- Faculty Promotions
- Diversity Awards Presentation
- Betty M. Drees, M.D., Excellence in Mentoring Awards Presentation
- Christopher Papasian, Ph.D., Excellence in Teaching Award Presentation
- Louise E. Arnold, Ph.D., Excellence in Medical Education Research Award Presentation
All faculty, students and staff are welcome to attend.
Saturday, September 29
9 a.m. – Volunteer Check-In
11:30 a.m. – BBQ Sponsored by Friends of UMKC Medicine
UMKC family assemble! Join faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members for a university-wide day of service.
There’s lots of work to be done. Volunteers are needed to help with landscaping, weeding, planting and general cleaning.
Sign up to volunteer at umkcalumni.com/serviceday.
Ready to help? Meet at 9 a.m. at the Health Sciences campus: 2411 Holmes Road, in the commons between the Health Sciences Building and School of Medicine.
Parking is free for the day. Tasks will be assigned upon arrival.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.