The Hornstra Society
The Hornstra Society, the alumni group for the Department of Psychiatry embraces the membership of:
- graduates of the psychiatry, psychology and psychopharmacy training programs
- current trainees in these programs
- current and former faculty members
- graduates of the UMKC School of Medicine who are psychiatrists
The purpose of the Hornstra Society is to develop a life-long connection with the graduates of the training programs. The primary objectives of this organization are to:
- Provide an opportunity for professional growth and social interaction among members
- Assist in efforts to recruit trainees to the program and subsequent membership in the Society
- Support the mission and goals of the training programs, the Department of Psychiatry, and the School of Medicine
- Serve as an avenue of quality management of the training programs by observing graduate outcomes
- Provide a forum for the presentation and exchange of ideas.
Many opportunities exist for service to the Hornstra Society. If you would like to learn more, contact Mark Miller, MA, Hornstra Society Coordinator; Mark.Miller@dmh.mo.gov;816-512-7419.