Doctors do still make house calls and the School of Medicine offers students and residents a chance to practice the art. More
July is a time for high school students to immerse themselves in the UMKC School of Medicine's annual Summer Scholars program that helps them build the foundation for a successful career in health care. More
Student Research Awards
The School of Medicine's Student Research Program announced five recipients of the Sarah Morrison Student Research Award. More
Profiles in Leadership
The UMKC School of Medicine has a long, proud history of producing leaders all across the field of medicine. More
Public health systems still are failing to prevent lead poisoning in children, Bruce Lanphear, M.D. ’86, writes in an editorial in the journal Pediatrics. Lanphear, whose research on lead poisoning…
July at the UMKC School of Medicine is a time for high school students to immerse themselves in the school’s annual Summer Scholars Program. The activity has been providing opportunities…
The School of Medicine is accepting nominations for three upcoming faculty, staff and student awards in the areas of diversity and health equity, mentoring and medical education research. The Excellence…
The addition of a second antibiotic to treat cellulitis skin infections did not result in significantly better cure rates in research recently published in JAMA, the Journal of the American…
Five School of Medicine’s students have been selected by the Student Research Program to receive Sarah Morrison Student Research Awards. The awards support support research efforts and help students fund…
**Please note: Guests must have a ticket in order to enter the ceremony. Those without tickets are welcome to watch the live-stream of the ceremony in Pierson Auditorium and then remain there for the reception immediately following.
Registration is closed.
The Campus Visit Day begins on the UMKC Volker Campus with an overview of UMKC and the BA/MD program and includes a tour of the Volker Campus. Students and families will then travel to the Hospital Hill Campus to interact with School of Medicine students and staff, and participate in hands-on activities related to medicine. Most activities will include parent participation, but bringing young children is not advised. Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m., and the visit day concludes at 12:30 pm.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.